THE TIME IS RIGHT! WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Please join us in creating this wonderful cultural center that will provide much needed education and arts facilities for our children and our community, and will be a cultural attraction to bring others to Williamstown. There are many opportunities to get involved.
What we plan to do:
The objective of this project is to develop a multi-use community arts complex with the primary focus on a state of the art performance space indoors and an outdoor space that would provide access for community arts related programming and organizations. Additional concepts being considered and not limited to:
- Café/Bakery/Boutique/ Arts library
- Teaching gardens
- Housing year round farmers market/seed swap/ food subscription
- Artist ‘cottages’ along property line. 10×20 structure housing each art form.
- Outdoor green space and amphitheater
How we are going to do it:
- Generate community interest and involvement in the project.
- Raise $150,000, which will allow us to purchase and operate the property until completion of construction and renovations.
- Execute a Capital
- Campaign to renovate the existing structure and create a state of the art 250 seat theatre, lobby, rehearsal and support facilities, and related site improvements, as well as fund the salaries of four full-time staff for the first two years after completion.
What we have done so far:
- Performed initial site feasibility review
- Analysis of financial needs to purchase and operate facility through construction
- Met with various professionals and interested parties, including building and energy consultants, theatre professionals, community partners, and town officials
- Develop Architectural Drawings and Comprehensive Site Plan
- Meet with State and local officials to review public funding options and building requirements
- Establish committees to move the project towards completion